Welcome to St. Johnsville, NY
The Village of St. Johnsville is located in northwestern Montgomery County, in the Mohawk Valley of New York. The Erie Canal, as part of the Mohawk River, is at the town’s southern border. The area was first settled in about 1725 in part of the Palatine District. In 1769, Sir William Johnson built a church in the town for the benefit of his Indian allies. The Town of St. Johnsville was formed in 1838 from the Town of Oppenheim which then became part of Fulton County. (Wikipedia)
In 1857, the community of St. Johnsville set itself off from the town by incorporating as a village.