Little Falls Public Library
The mission of the Little Falls Public Library is to be the local connection to a world of information. The purpose of the Little Falls Public Library is to provide resources and services to fulfil individual informational needs for daily living and pleasure, and for cultural, educational and leisurely pursuits.
The Little Falls Public Library is housed in the Victorian mansion built in the Second Empire Style by Frank Bramer between 1876 and 1878
It was built of brick and cut stone (most probably limestone), and features three stories with a mansard roof and dormers, with iron roof trim and fencing surrounding the property.
The Little Falls Public Library opened in January 1912
The Little Falls Public Library opened in January 1912, with Miss Mabel E. Richards as the sole librarian, at a salary of $37.50 per month. As time went by, the Library Board of Directors increased her salary and added additional staff.
Over the years, the library has seen many renovations and additions. The first major redecoration of the house was undertaken in 1927. A major renovation during the early 1980s resulted in a 2-story extension on the Waverly Place side of the building to house the adult book section and new library entrance. Much attention to detail was paid so that the new additions would blend into the historic old house. At the same time a Community Room was added to the west side of the building, providing a place for large gatherings and entertainments, and an elevator was installed to reach the second floor. In 2020, renovations included new interior decorating, furniture and electrical furnishings.
10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Tuesday10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Wednesday10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Thursday10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Friday10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed