When we started Mohawk Valley Today less than a year ago, we didn’t realize how much fun we would have traveling up and down the valley meeting local business owners. Every time we venture out, we meet great locally owned businesses in villages and towns throughout the valley. The thing of it is, we might not have heard of some of our now favorite businesses if we didn’t talk with folks about places they recommend. So now, we’re hooked.
Because we really do love the Mohawk Valley and all that it has to offer, we decided it was time to take things up a notch with our online directory at Mohawk Valley Today.
This past summer, we upgraded our server as well as the software that powers our website to deliver content faster on both mobile devices and desktops. All of these upgrades took some time and it was time well spent.
Our new online directory now features:
- Easy-to-use search forms that deliver results based on the users’ location.
- More ways to highlight destinations and businesses.
- Information that shows when a business is open along with when they’re opening or closing.
- Nicer layouts for business pages complete with directions, contact information, and hours.
- Improved search engine optimization to help people find listings when searching on Google, and so much more.
Everything we’ve been working on focuses on presenting site visitors with local business information in a way that highlights all of the great things local business owners are doing in the Mohawk Valley.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Mohawk Valley Today, please let us know.
Thanks so much!
Ginny and Jim