Downtown Gloversville Online Photo Contest Seeks Entries
GLOVERSVILLE, NY – The Gloversville Downtown Development Specialist (GDDS) Office at Fulton County Center for Regional Growth (CRG) is sponsoring an online photo contest with the focus being Downtown Gloversville.
“From now, through Wednesday, March 15th, participants are welcome to submit digital photos,” said Jennifer Donovan, the Gloversville DDS. “This is a fun way to promote Downtown Gloversville and have people share their optimistic views of the city. The photos can be of buildings, places, events, parks … I leave it up to the participants to come up with a unique and positive image.”
Submit Your Downtown Gloversville Photo Entries
Contest Focus Area
The area used for the contest includes Main and Fulton streets, and a few blocks beyond. The map from the Downtown Business Guide is being used to define the boundaries for Downtown Gloversville in this contest. As seen in the attached image, the outer perimeter of the corridor includes Pine Street, Broad Street, Grand Street, James Street, Fifth Avenue, Yale Street, Allen Street, Market Street, South Judson Street and Steele Avenue. Everything inside that perimeter is considered Downtown Gloversville.
Donovan said photos can be taken from the year 2022 forward.
“We have a winter scene right now and a person may have a great shot from last summer that they would like to share. That is fine. We just want to see beautiful photos of Downtown Gloversville and it can be in all seasons!”
Photos will be uploaded to the Downtown Gloversville Facebook Page. Judging will take place from March 20 to March 30 with the winner officially announced on March 31. The photo with the most Facebook “likes” wins and the winner will receive a $50 gift certificate from a Downtown Gloversville business.
- Participants must be ages 18 and older.
- One entry per person
- All entries must be taken in Downtown Gloversville. Content must be positive. This means no obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, or pornography will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that is considered inappropriate or fraudulent.
There is no entry fee
• Submissions are digital and NOT hard copies.
• The photo with the most Facebook “likes” wins! Winner receives a $50 gift certificate from a Downtown Gloversville business.
• Participants must acknowledge they will fully release and hold Meta (Facebook) harmless from liability and understand that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Meta.