Beginning in January, we’ve been working on updating and upgrading the Mohawk Valley Today website. We felt this was necessary because we had issues entering and managing Mohawk Valley events, which are a big part of our site. We needed to make changes and knew it would take some time to find the right tools, and refine our processes. With the recent changes, we think we’re well on our way to improving how both events and businesses are listed.
Some things you might notice:
- Improved search features with maps
- Improved event sorting by dates and locations
- Quick view feature for all business listings
- Listed businesses can now be tied to events and included as event hosts
Some improvements that help us are:
- Easier to add the locally owned businesses
- Easier to add and update events
- A lot of flexibility to expand features on all listings
- Has the ability to add features for the future like simple listings for garage and yard sales, along with items for sale
- Future additions could include rental listings
New town, village and city pages coming soon!
We will be continuing work on the addition of new pages for Mohawk Valley towns and villages. One thing that will help us to increase coverage is for folks to recommend locally owned business and events. Just contact us to let us know about businesses and events in the Mohawk Valley.