2023 Herkimer County Local Foods Map Released by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Herkimer County
The 2023 Herkimer County Local Foods Map is now available from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Herkimer County in East Herkimer. It will be distributed throughout Herkimer County at various outlets including farmers’ markets this summer. To view an online version of this map, please visit http://bit.ly/CCEHerkCoLocalFoodsMap
Map features 63 area producers
There are sixty-three producers on the map along with six Herkimer County Farmers’ Markets. Support for updating and printing the map was provided by a grant from Herkimer County Mental Health through the Farm Family Assistance Project.
The benefits of “eating local” are many including fresher foods that taste great and are often more nutritious than foods that have traveled many miles and days to get to your table. Also, when you buy directly from local farmers, your dollars stay within your community and strengthen the local economy. This helps preserve farming as a livelihood and rural landscapes as farmland.
Herkimer County Farmers’ Markets
- Dolgeville: Plowe Park (corner of South Main St & Cramer Lane) – Saturday 9 am – 1 pm ~ manager: Christine Reynolds (315) 868-4557 ~ email@example.com Find the Dolgeville Farmers’ Market on Facebook (May 20-October 28)
- Frankfort: Frankfort Marina (122 Marina Park Drive) – Saturday 9 am – 1 pm ~ manager: Christina Wasielewski (315) 895-7651 x2 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org (June 17 -October 28)
- Town of Herkimer: Herkimer Town Park (154 Pine Grove Rd, East Herkimer) – Thursday 3 pm – 7 pm ~ manager: Katherine Nasypany (315) 219-7600 ~ email@example.com (June 1 -October 12)
- Little Falls: M&T Bank lot, Albany St. – Saturday 8 am – noon ~ manager: Mary Davis (315) 866-2619 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org Find the Little Falls Farmers’ Market on Facebook (May 6-October 28)
- Old Forge: Parking lot of the George T. Hiltebrant Recreation Center, 201 North St (accepting SNAP-EBT) – Friday 1 pm – 5 pm ~ manager: Sue Huber (315) 395-6774 ~ email@example.com Find the Old Forge Farmers’ Market on Facebook (June 16-October 6)
- Richfield Springs: Spring Park, Main St – Saturday 8 am – 1 pm ~ manager: Holly Pullis (315) 750-5847 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org Find the Richfield Springs Farmers’ Market on Facebook (June 17-October 28)
- Salisbury: The market will not be open this season. If you have interest in managing this market, please contact: Gina Thompson (315) 429-9102
For more information or to pick up a map, please call Cornell Cooperative Extension at (315) 866-7920 or email email@example.com.