Laken Dyn with HSA Tiny Dancer
Photo provided by The Farmers’ Museum
Farmers’ Museum Junior Livestock Show results for Herkimer County 4-H
Congratulations to the 17 Herkimer County 4-H members that participated in the 75th Annual Farmers’ Museum Junior Livestock Show held in Cooperstown from July 9-11. Sponsored by The Farmers’ Museum and conducted in cooperation with Cornell
Cooperative Extension, county 4-H educators, and clubs throughout central New York, the show brings together youth handlers from a nine-county area for three days of competition. Herkimer County participants included: Isabella Burton, Addison Brown, Erin Brown, Hannah Carnright, Laken Dyn, Allyson Ford, Olivia Ford, McKenna Furner, Anna Hawkes, Mellena Hawkins, Noah Hula, Logan Humphreville, Lucas Humphreville, Lily Simmons, Skye Simmons, Nathen Teachout & Scarlett Wilt.
The top winners at the Junior Livestock Show bested 200 exhibitors and their 500 animals. Herkimer County winners were:
- Hannah Carnright, Herkimer County — Dairy goat division Oberhasli—junior champion with Owl Ridge Zephyr; Terra Jackson Award;
- Laken Dyn, Herkimer County — Supreme animal award beef category; Best bred and owned division beef category with HSA Tiny Dancer; Beef division: Grand champion showman; champion heifer, and champion other breeds;
- Anna Hawkes, Herkimer County — The F. Ambrose Clark Livestock Cup for best of show in the beef, swine, meat goat, and sheep categories for Duroc Hog Miss Royal Flush; Supreme Animal Award swine category; Swine division: Reserve grand champion showman; champion swine with Duroc;
- Lucas Humphreville, Herkimer County — Dairy goat Nubian senior champion, grand champion with Forever View Morning Glory; Reserve senior champion, reserve grand champion and best udder with Kia Kaha Kacie;
- Lily Simmons, Herkimer County — Dairy cattle grand champion other breeds division; best bred and owned division, other breeds division with BAR-SFARMDAIR-Redjolly; Other breeds junior champion with BAR-SFARMDAIR-Redjolly;
- Nathan Teachout, Herkimer County— Champion beef feeder steer; and
- Scarlett Wilt, Herkimer County — Milking shorthorn reserve junior champion with Maddy’s Patriot Madesen.
For more information on this or other programs offered by Cornell Cooperative Extension Herkimer County including 4-H, contact us at (315) 866-7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details provided by The Farmers’ Museum Dated, July 17, 2023.